Tuesday 5 July 2016

So Busy, I Might Explode!


I'm so sorry that I have been so off the radar. I like to post at least twice a week, and it's been too long, but I have literally had no time at all. It's all my own fault for setting things up so that so many different things are happening at the same time.


This week, amongst other things (!), I am:

1: Organising all the printing for my big exhibition at the end of the month;
2: Writing a 1 hour lecture, which I am giving at the Urban Sketchers Symposium (also the end of July);
3: Organising a talk and workshop about the residency which I am giving tomorrow, to visiting academics, at a University of Manchester showcase event;
4: Selecting all the images for a new website and sending them to my web designer;
5: Going to Manchester to view the rushes of the film we are making about the project;
6: Travelling to Worcester, to teach a 4-sday residential workshop for illustrators, for the Society of Children's Writers and Illustrators.


Oh my goodness! It seems even more scary once you write it down. Now you can see why I have not been writing for you, Gentle Reader. It's been like this for the last fortnight. Juggling too many things at the same time really starts to hurt your head.

Anyway, providing I don't spontaneously combust, it should all be brilliant, by the time the end of the month gets here. I have decided - August is going to be one long holiday!!!

When I am slightly less frazzled, I will fill you in on the details of the exhibition etc. In the meantime, here are some sketches from the project, which you won't have seen yet. the top one was a shopping outing to charity shops with an interview subject, as part of a research project on 'thrift'. The middle is some students at the university and below is from the end of year meeting of Morgan centre staff.



7 comments:

Alison Ogle said...

Oh my goodness, you are coming to Worcester, where I live! Where is your residential workshop being held? I'm sure you will be extremely busy, but if there was a chance to meet up I would love to show you round!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday! Don't combust. Please :)

Lynne the Pencil said...

Will try not to :-D

Thanks so much for your offer Alison, but it'll be full on, so no time to spare. Also, it's not actually in Worcester itself, but a little way out of town. Another time perhaps :-)

Lynne the Pencil said...

Will try not to :-D

Thanks so much for your offer Alison, but it'll be full on, so no time to spare. Also, it's not actually in Worcester itself, but a little way out of town. Another time perhaps :-)

Locika said...

These art and painting are mind blowing .

Unknown said...

wow such a lot of things. Can't wait to see you, and your exhibition, in Manchester!

Robert Smith said...

I always love to visit your blog for your wonderful creation. Thanks