Saturday 18 March 2017

My New 'Sketchbook Skool' Course!



Exciting news: I'm one of the instructors on a new online course. This is quite different to my Craftsy class, but hopefully just as much fun, maybe even more - with this class, you also get a tour of my studio and get to watch me create a painting on location:


Remember, back in September, when the Sketchbook Skool film crew spent the whole day with me at my home? They shot 27 films!! Well, I do like to talk about my work and got rather over-excited, showing them all the different things I do. They eventually edited the footage down to 14 films and that is my new sketching course.


It's not just me though. My week of films is part of a larger, 5 week course, called Exploring. There are 5 different instructors, each with a week of films, talking about drawing and painting from their perspective and sharing all their hot tips. They've got some great people, as you can see:

 
I think you'll like Sketchbook Skool, because their mission is “art for all”. Like me, they believe everyone is, and can be, creative. All people need are the right teachers to show them how much fun it can be to develop the creative habit, to get them started, exploring the possibilities. That’s where I come in.



The Exploring course will begin online on April 17 but you can sign up anytime from now on. For each of the five weeks of the course, you get a different teacher (including me - hurrah!), showing you different things to try and think about, to take your creativity to the next level. Signing up means you also get to join the Sketchbook Skool community of creative people just like you and me, to share your creations with like-minded people from all over the world.


No comments: